My|Phone A818 Duo (Pogi)
Welcome to My|Phone A818 Duo (Pogi) Forum, Enjoy your stay and Share your experience with your Android MyPhone A818 Duo with us.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

My|Phone A818 Duo (Pogi)
Welcome to My|Phone A818 Duo (Pogi) Forum, Enjoy your stay and Share your experience with your Android MyPhone A818 Duo with us.
My|Phone A818 Duo (Pogi)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE

2 posters

Go down

[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Empty [APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE

Post by Admin Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:45 am

With the amount of information we keep on our smartphones, it's increasingly vital that we protect them and the data they house. I don't want to sound like a fear-monger, but the fact is your phone can be lost or stolen, it can be destroyed, or its contents can be hacked via malware. Here are a few basic and advanced tips to consider to protect everything from your work files to contact information.

The Basics: Keep Your Phone Locked

It's extremely easy and effective to lock down access to your Android phone using built-in tools. Simply tap your way to the "Location and Security" setting. There you can create either a standard password or a screen lock pattern. If you use the screen lock pattern tool, be sure not to make an extremely easy and obvious pattern.

For Added Security: Hidden Lock adds an extra layer of security that is easy to implement but hard for would-be thieves to crack. After you have unlocked your phone using a password, Hidden Locks requires you to tap a hidden button before you can use the phone.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.marinelli.android.HiddenLock

Avoiding Malicious Apps

Viruses and other malware are increasingly targeting the Android platform, so it's important to take a few precautions to avoid infecting your own phone or tablet.

For the ultimate in security, I recommend only downloading apps from the official Google Playstore, where they have been vetted. Scammers have been known to create fake versions of popular apps, which are loaded with malware and only available at third-party websites.

However, some apps may simply not be available on the app store. If you see an intriguing app, you can verify its reputation by searching for it on Google and seeing if it has been written about, positively or negatively. Be wary of totally obscure apps.

Note App Permissions

Take the time to learn what permissions an app wishes to access, from making phone calls to using your system tools. While it makes sense that a social networking app may wish to access your contacts, it doesn't make sense that a "dancing dog" app would. Be wary when apps ask for more than seems to make sense.

Consider an Anti-Virus

Finally, you can consider an anti-virus program for Android. Savvy users may not need these programs, but apps like Lookout Security & Antivirus do offer powerful features for added protection.

Find Your Lost Phone and Erase Data Remotely

Thanks to GPS and wireless Internet, you can locate a missing Android phone using one of the several apps available. I recommend Android Lost (free). Even with your speakers turned off, you can use this app to play a sound, which is handy when you simply lose the phone in your house. Furthermore, this app also enables you to erase all the phone's data, saving your contact information and files from prying eyes.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidlost

You can also take pictures from your camera to know who is using your phone. And better yet: This app can be installed remotely, so you can install it after you have lost your phone. (However, I strongly recommend installing it right away.)

And Don't Forget Physical Mishaps

All the security measures in the world won't matter if your phone breaks from a simple drop. Be sure to invest in a quality case.
Admin
Admin

Battle
Health Bar:
[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Left_bar_bleue100/100[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

https://myphonea818duopogi.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Empty Re: [APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE

Post by akosiHUNTER Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 am

hmm i think virus on android doesnt exist..

akosiHUNTER

Battle
Health Bar:
[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Left_bar_bleue100/100[APPS/TIPS] TO KEEP YOUR ANDROID MOBILE SAFE Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down